Solutions Home » Feed Management » Moisture Tracker
Ships direct in one carton
View the brochure
Current Ingredient list
The Moisture Tracker is a hand-held, Near-Infra-Red (NIR) scanning device, which rapidly measures the dry matter and moisture content of animal feeds. The Moisture Tracker device provides livestock producers with near instantaneous, accurate dry matter and moisture readings which enable livestock producers to quickly react to changes in dry matter thus ensuring that the ration delivered matches the ration calculated. The Moisture Tracker is the first device on the market that provides livestock producers and nutritionists with an affordable on-farm solution to quickly and accurately measure the dry matter and moisture content of both inbound and stored feed. Livestock producers and nutritionists can utilize the information gathered by the Moisture Tracker to provide more consistent rations with the goal of improving productivity, herd health, and profitability.
The key innovation of the Moisture Tracker is providing Near-Infra-Red (NIR) scanning technology, which was previously only available using costly semi-portable or stationary apparatus, into an affordable, simple to use, hand-held device.
Provisional Patent application has been filed
- The Moisture Tracker is a system that includes a Moisture Tracker hand-held device and Moisture Tracker Software that is used to provide dairy and beef farm managers with nearly instantaneous measurement and recordings of the moisture and dry matter content of animal forage and feeds.
- Components of the Moisture Tracker system:
- The Moisture Tracker hand held device which is used to measure the percent of moisture and dry matter in a feed or forage.
- The Moisture Tracker PC Utility software package which is used to setup the Moisture Tracker hand-held device to match the feeds and forages used on any given farm and to collect, view, and store recorded measurements.
- The Moisture Tracker uses a USB Stick to upload the feeds and forages that are to be measured and to download recordings of the measurements that have been made.
- A growing range of calibrations. The Moisture Tracker has been introduced with the capability to work with the most common livestock forages such as corn silage, haylage, ground high moisture corn, brewers grain, and dried distiller's grain. Additional calibrations will be provided as they are created for a growing and diverse list of crops and by-products.
- To simplify use you can program the device with only the feedstuffs used on your farm. New feeds can be added, or old feeds removed, at any time.
- Calibrations provided by Rock River Labs, one of the most preeminent forage analysis labs with locations in Wisconsin and California, to ensure the accuracy of the Moisture Tracker.
- Enhance the accuracy and the industry use of the Moisture Tracker by sending in feedstuff samples free of charge to Rock River Lab. Please include this form when sending samples in for analysis.
- Access to updated feedstuffs and calibrations available 24/7 via the Web.
- License renewals available 24/7 via the Web.
- Free 24/7 Tech and Help Support
- Users of Digi-Star's TMR Tracker software will be able to work directly with the Moisture Tracker. A current version of TMR Tracker for users of the Moisture Tracker will incorporate the Moisture Tracker Software.
- Users of the Moisture Tracker with other feed management software packages can utilize the Moisture Tracker software to produce a file which can be imported by most feed management packages.
- Accurate dry matter readings with approximately 1-2%.
Requires annual License & Calibration Renewal (the first year is provided with purchase)