The Moisture Tracker is a hand-held, Near-Infra-Red (NIR) scanning device, which rapidly measures the dry matter and moisture content of animal feeds.
The key innovation of the Moisture Tracker is providing Near-Infra-Red (NIR) scanning technology, which was previously only available using costly semi-portable or stationary apparatus, into an affordable, simple to use, hand-held device.
Provisional Patent application has been filed.The Moisture Tracker is a system that includes a Moisture Tracker hand-held device and Moisture Tracker Software that is used to provide dairy and beef farm managers with nearly instantaneous measurement and recordings of the moisture and dry matter content of animal forage and feeds.
- Components of the Moisture Tracker system:
- The Moisture Tracker hand held device which is used to measure the percent of moisture and dry matter in a feed or forage.
- The Moisture Tracker PC Utility software package which is used to setup the Moisture Tracker hand-held device to match the feeds and forages used on any given farm and to collect, view, and store recorded measurements.
- The Moisture Tracker uses a USB Stick to upload the feeds and forages that are to be measured and to download recordings of the measurements that have been made.
- The Moisture Tracker system comes with both a 120V wall charger and a 12 volt DC power charger for increased versatility.
- A normal battery charge will provide the capacity for 50 to 100 readings or 2-4 hours of continuous use, depending on temperature. Reduced performance is to be expected as temperature decreases.
- New or fully discharged battery pack will require charging overnight but with most normal usage a recharge is possible in several hours.
- The Moisture Tracker can remain indefinitely on the charger as overcharge protection is provided.
- Access to updated feedstuffs and calibrations available 24/7 via the Web.
- License renewals available 24/7 via the Web.
- Free 24/7 Tech and Help Support
- The Moisture Tracker scans are accurate approximately within 1-2 %.
- Click here to review the current ingredient list the Moisture Tracker has calibrations for. This list is being continually updated.
- The challenge of variability within the feedstuffs is overcome with the ease in which numerous scans are taken to provide a representative sample reading.
- CE Approved
- Instrument calibration, factory certified
- The Moisture Tracker has been introduced with the capability to work with the most common livestock forages such as corn silage, haylage, ground high moisture corn, and others.
- To simplify use you can program the device with only the feedstuffs used on your farm. New feeds can be added, or old feeds removed, at any time.
- Base calibrations provided by a commercial forage laboratory to ensure the accuracy of the Moisture Tracker.
- Users of Digi-Star's TMR Tracker software will be able to work directly with the Moisture Tracker. A current version of TMR Tracker for users of the Moisture Tracker will incorporate the Moisture Tracker Software.
- Users of the Moisture Tracker with other feed management software packages can utilize the Moisture Tracker software to produce a file which can be imported by most feed management packages.
- The Moisture TrackerTM allows the user to add an adjustment to each individual ingredient so the Moisture Tracker reading will match readings obtained from user reference dry-down methods such as lab, microwave, dehydrator etc.
An annual License & Calibration Renewal is required to operate (the first year license is provided with purchase)
FAQsQuestion: Can I veiw previous readings taken by my Moisture Tracker?